1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? i like both but have never had "real" egg nog, w/ liquor. don't think i'd like that
2. Does Santa wrap the presents or just sit them under the tree? both
3. Colored or white lights? both but not blinking lights, i think that would send me into a seizure or feel like a disco. we've put up two trees lately, one in the den one in the living room, so i can have a white light and colored light tree. i like white lights outside, those icicle things? very cool.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? of course but it's plastic cos i don't want to kill the dogs and cats.
5. When do you put your decorations up? whenever the schedule allows. maybe this weekend.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? hmmm, i like pumpkin pie.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? making sugar cookies, listening to christmas music, plus i think i addressed this on a previous post.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? my mom and i remember this differently but my version is that i was in 3rd grade, my dad was in korea on an unaccompanied army tour, we were living at my grandparents house in wv. i was upstairs and overheard, through the heating vent, my mom talking about a barbie dream house i was getting for christmas from my grandma i think. christmas morning i got it, but they said it was from santa. so i asked her and she told me. i then started looking for my presents, usually finding them, and being upset on christmas cos i wasn't surprised. i finally learned to stop looking for them.
9.Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? we open gifts from family (extended) christmas eve and from just the four of us and santa christmas morning.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? first it involves me cussing as i put the damn lights on the tree, i hate that part. then the fun--ornaments. i have tons and just about each one has a story and memory. i love christmas ornaments. i have a generational tree--there's an ornament that used to hang on my grandparent's tree, some we made, hung on our tree growing up and then of course ours.
11. Snow: Love it or hate it? love everything about snow, the sound, smell, look, feel. we never get enough of it.
12. Can you ice skate? i have done this once in my life in college, as i remember i wasn't very good at it.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? No, too many to choose from
14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? my kids and getting excited when i know i've picked a special gift for a special person.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? pumpkin pie
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? see a previous post on this.
17. What is on top of your tree? an angel the hubs and i bought when we first got married on the main tree and a glass german looking one on the little tree.
18. Which do you like best giving or receiving? both actually (and not just for christmas! LOL)
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? omg--i have so many. love the whole charlie brown CD, christmas in dixie by alabama, eddie arnold, andy williams, johnny cash all the ones we listened to growing up.
20. Do you like candy canes? yes, but the real ones not those newfangled ones they have that are different flavors. that's just wrong.