Wednesday, May 14, 2008

wednesday's lame title

do you say the word wednesday when you write it? i do. i say wed nes day. i know, i'm freaky that way. i do it because that's how i learned to spell it back in the day. it's grammar people. and though i loathe using caps (cos i'm a lazy bitch) i do judge people by their grammar. check this link out, too funny.

so i tried twitter briefly last night and took it down today. the things i read about it are that it's addicting and lord knows i don't need another addiction right? right.

so i did a little housekeeping there on the side, yes, over there, to the right. i put up my email addy, just in case ya know you want to expound some wisdom or something. and a poll--who's hotter? inspired by the movies the men in my house want to see. and i'm working on a play list for the blowout 20th anniversary party i plan to have in 4 years. (feel free to suggest songs) i'm totally serious. i want to have party with a dj and drinking and possibly a renewing of the vows type of thing. i've been thinking about it a lot lately actually.

ok, another random thought, my head is disjointed lately can you tell?

so several things have conspired to make me realize that i really need to get my shit together again and lose some weight and feed my family healthier dinners. a shrimp platter and corn dogs apparently aren't it.

what things have rocked my boat lately? well, two of my best friends, sweet t and broad have literally lost ass loads of weight and they look hot. i want to look hot. my clothes that i was soooo proud and happy to wear last year, cos i had lost some weight last year, are not as comfy as they once were. my brother-in-law may or may not be having serious health issues associated w/ diabetes, high blood pressure, etc. (all the things the hubs has--yeah for THAT gene pool) and may or may not have to start dialysis and may or may not die within a year. i say may or may not because he is like the boy who cried wolf and has been since i've known him. anywhoo, things like this always make me realize that the hubs does have health issues and from time to time we neglect them and corn dogs and shrimp platters aren't helping his issues. my younger sister (we all know how i feel about her) weighs less than i do. i can't have that. my kids need to eat healthier. seriously. i saw an empty bowl of ice cream in the sink this morning. it wasn't there when i went to bed. i think one of them had ice cream for breakfast while i was in the shower. fuck.

so, long ass story short--send me some EASY (remember, i.am.not.a.cook. nor do i play one on TV) healthy recipes or links. if you know of ways to get people you live with to eat vegetables and fruits rather than chips and ice cream, please share these ideas.

6 comments:

broad minded said...

wow first the spawn gets cute nods and then you call me hot. dang! i must be living right today.

i will work on some recipe ideas.

real simple usually has some good ideas.

broad minded said...

wow first the spawn gets cute nods and then you call me hot. dang! i must be living right today.

i will work on some recipe ideas.

real simple usually has some good ideas.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks for the kudos! I will find you some recipes, too. If I can make them, anyone can!

I can't vote on your poll until I see Iron Man. I heard RD, Jr. looked really good.

Sweet T

Kristin.... said...

Go to my blog and click on the Chop.Stir.Mix button~lots of yummy good for you food there (well, maybe not the Pulled Pork, but it looks good!).

We are so much alike in so many ways. Weird. Kindred spirits in blogland.

Anonymous said...

I've always heard that getting your kids into the kitchen to help gets them to try new things. I can't get mine in to help much anymore unless it's for cookies. He seems to try new things when I give them a cool name. Like this week I tried a new meatloaf recipe and I told him it was baked hamburgers. After he had eaten and liked it (he didn't notice the red peppers hehe) I explained the correct name. How about a trip to the farmers market to pick out something new?
SIL

creative kerfuffle said...

broad/sweet t--well, you both deserve the kudos cos you are hot. course you were hot before but now there's less of you to be hot?
K--yes, kindred spirits indeed. that's one thing i love about blogging, finding like minded people you never would have known.
i will try the chop sticks link.
SIL--you know my two, they're wise to may disguising ways. i slip spinach in the salad and they freak out. shopping for something might tempt them though.