Thursday, March 22, 2007

Everybody's working for the weekend

Thank God tomorrow is Friday! By the end of the work day I hope to finally be caught up on everything and ready to go into next week, which is still going to be a rough week--then it's Spring Break.

We're thinking of going to the beach for a few days, working in the yard, relaxing and basically (in my mind at least) trying to get what has become an overly-busy life back in order.

Tomorrow night the kids are staying all night with The Bro and SIL (thanks guys!). It seems like it's been forever since we've had a grown up night all to ourselves. The Hubs bought me some Disaronno (might even have some tonight thank you very much) and we're going to relax. One thing I never really thought of when I thought about being a parent was the fact that once you were a parent there were basically very few nights you actually had to yourselves.

I love my kids to death (despite the fact that right now the girl still is giving me attitude every time I turn around) but sometimes a break is in order if for no other reason than you don't have to worry about someone knocking on your bedroom door asking what you're doing in there! LOL

I often wonder if they go to school and say "Yeah, my parents had sex last night." Or "I caught my parents kissing in the kitchen." It's not like we make out in front of our kids but we are affectionate and I think that's a good thing. I didn't grow up seeing that in my house, affection, and I think kids need to realize their parents love each other and want to be together.

Ready for a laugh? While we're sitting at the table at the Chinese buffeet (as The Boy calls it) these are the jokes the kids told.

The Boy: How do you get a kleenex to do a jig?
A: Blow a little boogie in it. Get it, boogie?

The Girl: What do you find inside a clean nose?
A: Fingerprints.

Yep, my kids know how to have stimulating dinner conversation!

No comments: