Thursday, July 26, 2007

Stressing out

Still no home computer. My Bro called last night and said it might be worse than he thought--something about RAM, supposed to have two rooms of air and I have one, techno jargon, blah blah, more words I didn't understand but it boils down to I might need to shell out some dough to have a working computer. Fun.

I'm off again this Sunday for a biz trip. This summer has sucked big time for work travel and it's not over. I'm gone Sun-Wed. this coming week, home for awhile (while all but one part of The Hubs family will descend upon us) then off again for 2-3 days. In September I also have two trips back to back, one of which is Germany. Ok, this one sounds cool but I have to admit, I'm sort of scared about it. When I started this job and the traveling it didn't really scare me. Yeah, the first time or two I went out of town by myself, without any co-workers, it was a little weird and I was nervous, but I wasn't scared. International travel by myself does make me a bit nervous though. I SO wish we had the money for The Hubs to come with me on this trip--you know, back to Germany (though not the same city) where it all began and all. Sigh. I wonder what the laws are on shipping beer? Can you do that? I'm really going to have to have a talk with my boss about all this travel because I can't do this schedule again.

Granted I'm not the only one who travels in my company, but I do think I'm one of the few that travels so much. The Hubs often wonders how companies can expect employees to be out of town so often. Companies don't care. I'm pretty much the only one with younger kids who travels like I do. The others that travel as often or more often either have older kids (like teens and up) or no kids. Most are getting paid much, much more than I am too, but I think even if I were getting paid a butt load more money it wouldn't be worth it.

So the in-laws. Honestly, I think this could be a good visit if everyone behaves themselves. Things would be so much better if I weren't traveling right before they all come and right after. Too much activity in a short amount of time. I'm happy for The Hubs, even though he says he's pissed that his brother and sister invited themselves. Aside from his sister and Bubba Ass none of his family has seen the house. In the OMG 16 years (the longest time either of us has lived in one place) we've lived here none of them have visited much at all. The only two I'm worried about really are his brother and Bubba Ass. They are the wild cards that could fuck up the whole visit with their mouths and attitudes.

Harry Potter update: I've finished the first book and now The Boy is starting to read it. I hope he really does. It might be a bit too much for him, too overwhelming, but I hope he finishes it.

For all my friends and family who've been neglected this summer--few lunches, emails, phone calls, visits etc. please know it's not because I don't want to, it's just because things are hella crazy in my world at the moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought that this job would require less travel, and that was part of the reason you took it?

Germany has good potential. Is your passport up-to-date?

I don't feel neglected. I'll be glad when/if things calm down for your sake!

TS