Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Dinner at our house

We're sitting around eating dinner---homemade chicken noodle yummy soup (The Hubs made it, NOT me)---and the kids start talking about the movie Grease.

They watched it for the first time the other night and were fascinated. Of course The Hubs and I know the words to most all of the songs and I've probably seen it a million times, but it was new for the kids.

Here's our dinner convo:

The Boy: Why at the end did Sandy change for Danny?
The Girl: Yeah, she looked good once she got a makeover.
Me: Well, sometimes people think they need to change themselves to please other people. (Dang, I hadn't realized what a bad message that was, her changing for him.)
The Girl: Well, if someone doesn't like you for who you are then you shouldn't be with them.
(Of course I'm thinking in my head---way to go Girl!)
The Hubs: Well, yes that's true but sometimes people do need to change.

Some other talk happens then The Boy asks what your pelvis is. (Because in Look at Me I'm Sandra Dee, Rizo sings Elvis, Elvis, let me be! Keep that pelvis far from me.)

The Boy: Is that your privates?
The Girl: No, your pelvis is a bone around your privates shaped like this. (And she makes the shape. CSI has paid off for her.)

Then she goes on to tell him about cartilage and where it is in your body.

The Boy: So do you have cartilage in your penis?
The Girl: No.
The Boy: Why is it so wobbly?
The Girl: If you had cartilage or a bone it would hurt when someone kicked you in the privates. (Uh, hello, it does hurt.)
The Boy: Then what's in there?
The Girl: Skin, pee and meat.

I almost spewed milk out of my nose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Skin, pee and meat! I'm glad I wasn't eating or drinking anything when I read that!

TS