Monday, July 16, 2007

Back to the grind

Monday morning...yawn. Need more java. We just got a new coffee pot a month or so ago, the last one died. I'm less than pleased with the new one. The only feature I demand on a coffee pot is that I can get my first cup while it's still brewing--the pause feature or something. This Mr. Coffee said it had such. It lied; well, sometimes. I hate it. I didn't buy anything extravagant, actually bought the cheapest one I could find with the pause feature. Lesson learned, even a name brand like Mr. Coffee can suck.

I'm omnipotent, well, at least in my house. Apparently I am the only person who knows where the fingernail clippers are (all 20 sets of them we have scattered throughout the house). I also am the only one who's able to discern the date and time on a regular basis. I know where the fifth Harry Potter book is hiding; I know where every one's shoes are since the last time they took them off. I also know where every last flashlight, lighter, piece of paper, pair of shorts, bathing suit and keys are living. I'm master of the refrigerator and cabinets. Not only do I know precisely which shelf something lives on I can tell you if it's still there or not, even if I don't normally eat whatever it is. I am the house Goddess!

It's weird, as much as I love flowers and gardening I hate floral prints. I don't own many articles of clothing with flowers on them and I hate floral patterns on furniture/drapes, etc. Is that odd? Maybe it's because I grew up surrounded by that stuff. Vomit.

I guess I'm going to have to read all of the Harry Potter books. We saw the latest movie last night. I was less than thrilled with it frankly. I think JK Rowling spins incredible tales but these last few are just too much to translate to the big screen, or else the producers/directors don't get it. Way too much left unexplained or the plot wasn't fleshed out enough or something.

The Hubs is out of town until Wednesday. ho hum. His Dad is talking about coming to visit again, this time around the first of August. I don't know how I feel about that. Happy for The Hubs but nervous/anxious about the visit, if it actually happens. Then one of his brothers, the one that I've never really gotten along with (probably because when The Hubs and I were dating he said The Hubs LET me talk too much. This man has always been threatened by my brain.) has hinted that he might come to visit during that same time. If indeed the FIL and wife do come I don't want the visit to be overshadowed by a visit from the brother.

No comments: