Monday, July 9, 2007

Catching up

Haven't posted in awhile, computer at home had decided to randomly reboot. It is possessed. I started writing a post this weekend and poof--black screen, reboot, everything lost. Nice.

July 4th went well. We had the family over, sans Dad who had worked. My aunt, uncle and cousin also came. We don't see them much and when we do I often wonder why we don't spend more time together. I really like them now. Growing up I didn't so much for a variety of reasons, but as they've gotten older they've settled down and become cool.

I am getting the distinct impression that my sister is trying to become my new best friend and it's irritating me. I don't hate her anymore and I don't mind when we have family events that she's there, but she is not a person I want to hang out with on a regular basis and I think she's trying to worm her way into that.

Pool party Saturday went well. Oddly enough I wasn't stressing about it for some reason. When I get these ideas in my head I try to include all my friends and in actuality it's hard to entertain a big group only because I feel like I don't get to spend time with anyone. This time it was smaller cos a lot of people had other plans. It actually worked out well. The Bro and his family were there and Donut and Ninja. We had fun, swam, played some games, hung out.

Sunday we finally got up and went to church. It has been since before Mother's Day since we'd been. Afterwards the boys got haircuts, we wrapped up a few chores and then chilled the rest of the day. It was awesome.

Aside from the fact that I have to go out of town this week for work, life is really good right now and I feel like we're in a good place.

No comments: