Sunday, May 6, 2007

Weekend update

Yesterday my Mom and sister and kids came over. It was fine, relatively (pun intended) painless. It's weird because when it was just us with them the conversation was stilted, not that flowing. I guess because I'm not going to ask too many questions that would involve them in conversation because I really don't care. Then we met my SIL, Bro and nephew at the spring carnival. That was better. I really enjoy hanging out with them. My Bro is as much of a smart ass as I am and my SIL often (unknowingly I think) plays the straight man in his comedic efforts. We hadn't hung out with them for awhile; we all get wrapped up in what we're doing and go a few weeks without connecting, but I'm always glad when we do. They came back to the house afterwards for gumbo (YUM) and it was nice.

It's gorgeous outside today, even if a bit windy. Windows open, fresh air, a little afternoon delight : ) thank you very much please may I have another, and we'll go see Spiderman 3 later today. There's something to be said for trysts in the middle of a Sunday afternoon.

Alanis Morissette lyrics that (mostly) apply to me

I hate the world today
You're so good to me
I know that I can't change
I tried to tell you but you look at me like maybe I'm an angel underneath; innocent and sweet
Yesterday I cried;
Must've been relief to see the softer side
I can understand how you'd be so confused
I don't envy you;
I'm a little bit of everything
all rolled into one
I'm a Bitch I'm a Lover
I'm a child I'm a Mother
I'm a sinner I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
I'm your hell I'm your dream
I'm nothing in between you know you wouldn't want it any other way
So take me as I am
This might mean you'll have to be a stronger man
Rest assured that when I start to make you nervous
I'm going to extremes;
Tomorrow I will change
And today won't mean a thing
Just when you think, you got me figured out
The season's already changin'
I think it's cool; you do what you do
And don't try to save me
I'm a bitch, I'm a tease
I'm a goddess of my knees
When you hurt; when you suffer
I'm your angel undercover
I'm enough; I'm revived
Can't say I'm not alive
You know I wouldn't want it any other way

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the lyrics are actually from a meredith brooks song. but i can see where you might think it was alanis.

Anonymous said...

Not having any kids myself, I was just wondering how you can manage to have a tryst on a Sunday while they're around. I know not much escapes the Girl and Boy!

TS

creative kerfuffle said...

GP--doesn't Alanis sing this though? I know I've heard her sing it and that's the only version I've heard.
TS--While the kids are occupied you slyly sneak into your room and lock the door : ) Sometimes you can even manage to get by without them pounding on the door asking what you're doing! LOL