Tuesday, June 23, 2009

hello my friends

whew--i just spent a few hours catching up on all of my blog reading. i missed you guys. a few of you are going through the same thing, busy schedules, things preventing you from blogging. i don't really have an excuse other than my days seem quite filled even without a job. i guess i'm being a mother.

i missed reading all of you though and it was good to catch up. so many great posts, poetry, pictures. thank you all for sharing your lives.

i'm sitting on the patio wishing it had been this pleasant when we were camping this weekend, but i did have a great time. i forgot to mention that someone might have peed in the camp fire.twice. (hubs) and someone might have been called mr. spitty mcspitsalot (bro). there might have been some beer involved. the hubs and the bro both poo pooed my beer of choice, black and tan, calling it goat piss. yes, because it is soooo inferior to icehouse? i think not. someone also might have peed, twice, behind the tents because she was too lazy to walk up the hill to the bath house. it should be noted my sil doesn't drink and was asleep when that happened.

i am always amazed when my brother and i talk about our childhoods because we have such different memories. granted, he's 6 yrs younger than me so things i remember from my early childhood he has no recollection of. i was away at college when he was in high school and when i was in high school i rarely paid much attention to what was going on in his world.

i've also been spending more time on fb. yes, the very thing i was the last of my friends to join. the very thing i derided. i also spend a lot of time online, looking for a job. today i applied for...get this...a pr person for a waste management company. oy vey.

i have to say though, i am content. i know i have to go back to work and hopefully something will turn around soon. but for now it's not bad being with my kids all day.

6 comments:

Not Your Aunt B said...

Ha! You sound like us camping!

Fragrant Liar said...

With all the excreting going on around there, at least they didn't poo-poo IN your beer.

cheatymoon said...

Wow - cool camping trip highlights!! :-) Really does sound like you had fun.

Glad you are able to fill your days up and enjoy time w/ your kids.

Pandora said...

I'm so glad that the summer holiday with the kids is going better than you anticipated.

I hate it when guys think their drinks are so much better/cooler than those the girls drink.Like their beer/other drink of choice,is way more superior.As if!

Anonymous said...

I think going to the bathroom outside is why I don't like to camp. I HATE to use the bathroom outside, I always pee on myself and well anyway....

I like beer..and cheap beer is fine with me, but I wont' make fun of your black and tans...

tracy

Hotch Potchery said...

I have gotten MUCH better at peeing outside over this camping season...what is funny is I have never ONCE had to poo while camping (and we are primitive, not at a campground), but Mr. P has had to poo EVERY time.

I am glad you are enjoying your mommy time, and I totally hope you get the pr trash job, because that will make for some good posts!