Friday, February 9, 2007

Into the Mystic

If you aren't groovin' with me on this Van Morrison high, it's ok, but you might not want to read CF for a little while. I'm in the zone and I can't contain it. I'm listening to it 24/7 just about.

How can you hear this without FEELING it?

We were born before the wind
Also younger than the sun
Ere the bonnie boat was won as we sailed into the mystic
Hark, now hear the sailors cry
Smell the sea and feel the sky
Let your soul and spirit fly into the mystic
And when that fog horn blows I will be coming home
And when the fog horn blows I want to hear it
I don't have to fear it
And I want to rock your gypsy soul
Just like way back in the days of old
And magnificently we will flow into the mystic
When that fog horn blows you know I will be coming home
And when that fog horn whistle blows I got to hear it
I don't have to fear it
And I want to rock your gypsy soul
Just like way back in the days of old
And together we will flow into the mystic
Come on girl...
Too late to stop now...

Last night we were listening to Van while making dinner, I was like on a natural high or something, cooking with the Hubs, chopping cilantro, listening to VM and the kids come in the kitchen and start dancing. They're groovin' on it too and the Boy said, Who wrote this? I said, Van Morrison. He said, I like it! : ) And for that 20-30 minutes everything was right with the world. It's moments like that when you realize what you're here for I think.

I'm probably unusual when it comes to music though. I don't think many people get as involved in music as I do. Sure people might have their favorite albums or artists but I get consumed by it, reading the lyrics, listening, singing, swaying, feeling. I'm a freak !: )

No comments: