Monday, September 25, 2006

Manic Monday

A few weeks ago I bought a short black skirt, $6 at Tarjay thank you very much. I do not normally wear skirts shorter than, oh, my ankles. I don't know why but every skirt/dress I have is long. I wore the short skirt for the first time during my trip. I wore it to work for the first time today. I thought people would say, damn, short enough : ) he he, because I feel half nekkid in it, but they haven't. It's a weird feeling.

Have you seen the car commercial (not sure what brand) where the 'happy' family of four is on vacation having fun. Then it cuts to the mom and kids dropping the dad off at his apartment; he hugs the kids and looks at the wife and says, 'Thanks for inviting me.' Obviously the couple is divorced and they went on a vacation together for the kids. This commercial bothers me for some reason. Not that I care if people are divorced, but it's just an odd commercial.

I caught most of Jim Carrey's, Liar Liar on TV last night. The Hubby and I got to talking about how impossible it would be to actually go to work and NOT tell a lie. We'd have to call in sick for each other or lose our jobs I'm sure. There is a certain amount of lying you do every single day, the little white lies.
Hi, how are you?
You typically say, fine (but are you REALLY), how are you? (Most of the time you couldn't give a rat's ass.)
Sitting in meetings would be torture: What do you think of this idea?
Uh, it's retarded and we'll never do it so I don't know why we're even wasting our time having this boring meeting.
You get the gist.

Rod's on the radio--who doesn't get excited when they here the opening bars to Young Turks? Doesn't it just make you want to get up and dance!

Young hearts beat free tonight. Time is on your side. Don't let 'em put you down; don't let them push you around. Don't let 'em every change your point of view.

No comments: