Thursday, July 16, 2009

toms and bros

i harvested 8 tomatoes from the yarden (yes, yarden, not garden because it has become so over grown and yardlike) today. tomatoes that no one but me will eat. i love the smell of tomato plants--i don't know what it is, it's sort of harsh and peppery, but i love it.

*************
this is one of the many reasons i love my brother. this is the email i got from him this morning:

So how are things, you doing okay? (In mom’s voice) I haven’t heard from you in a while, I haven’t seen the kids, do you still have a boy and girl? What are their names again? Anyway you haven’t called, emailed, or sent me a western union telegram so I thought that you might have moved.

first--these are the types of emails our mom sends us if we haven't called/emailed her in a week or so. second, it has been several days since my bro and i talked and we haven't SEEN them since july 3.


11 comments:

Penny said...

ha! love it, it sounds A LOT like Teddy's parents, they will leave messages saying "we haven't heard from you in ahwile......................we hope you are OK........." click

Ahhh my parents don't call, so you know there's that.

Tomato plants smell like really good weed to me.

cheatymoon said...

I wish I had a yarden and wish my brother would check in on me once in a while.
Hang in there.

Hotch Potchery said...

Mr. P's parents will send out an emergency all cap email:

ARE YOU OKAY? WE SAW THERE WAS RAIN IN GEORGIA...DID YOU HAVE A FLOOD?

but remember...we live in Alabama...but as Penny said, our parents don't call.

Hotch Potchery said...

Mr. P's parents will send out an emergency all cap email:

ARE YOU OKAY? WE SAW THERE WAS RAIN IN GEORGIA...DID YOU HAVE A FLOOD?

but remember...we live in Alabama...but as Penny said, our parents don't call.

Hotch Potchery said...

I guess I REALLY wanted you to know that stuff.

drollgirl said...

YOUR BROTHER IS HILARIOUS!!!

Pandora said...

Your bro is so cute.Even though my brother and I get along well,he doesn't send me funny emails like that.I'm jealous now :(

PS. Congrats on your tomatoe harvest!

Kristin.... said...

Oh I get those calls from my MIL (got one yesterday in fact)...."haven't heard from you....haven't seen the kids". OMG, you can call ME and ASK to see the kids. Argh.

Ahem.

It hasn't been warm enough here so our tomato plants don't even have tomatoes on them. I like them sliced with fresh mozzarella and balsamic vinegar~broil for a couple minutes. YUM!

Not Your Aunt B said...

Your brother is hilarious! And our parents call all the dang time (they seriously need to get a hobby) so we never get those emails.
YAY for tomatoes! The hot, dry summer is perfect for making them taste delish and not too watered down.

Astarte said...

I hope Josie and Patrick have a relationship like that when they get older. He adores her, but she never wants to give him the time of day. She's thrilled to play with little girls in the neighborhood that are half his age, but when it comes to him, if I'm not there playing too, she won't do anything with him.

Gal Friday said...

I was going to say exactly what only a movie already said(up top)...too funny about your brother and your "yarden"! I am going to down to visit my sweet baby brother for a few days this week(he lives in Pennsylvania)and can't wait to see him, but we don't hardly ever phone or even e-mail each other...