Monday, July 6, 2009

it's july

the words haven't been coming that easily. i'm caught up in the day to day life of being home with the kids. still no job. i look. i search. i hunt. seems like SOMETHING should turn up. but it hasn't. i worry. but at the same time i enjoy being here w/ the kids.

i have this feeling like i should be doing more. something bigger and not necessarily a job. of course i need a job. i'm talking in the big scheme of life thing.

when i first got laid off i thought my purpose was to be a full time mom. to mold my kids. to enjoy them. and, for the most part i have. though last week sort of sucked monkey balls because i was on the rag, we were tied to the house waiting for the fridge repair guy (and it still is not fixed--do you know how hard it is to not have a fully working fridge?) and the kids were getting on each other's nerves (and mine). the weekend came though and seemed to make things better. the hubs was off friday; we had a good july 4th (although it was the first time in a few years that it's just been the 4 of us celebrating) and sunday was nice too.

back to the thought--i feel like in life there is something more that i'm supposed to be doing. a bigger purpose. helping people? i don't know. doing SOMETHING.

maybe my purpose is to get the boy to quit picking his nose. seriously--he's NINE for god's sake. when do they stop that? how many times a day do i say, boy, quit picking your nose!

9 comments:

Not Your Aunt B said...

Gross! I don't know when they stop. There are still adults that do it! Yuck!

I feel you on the PMS and hope the fridge gets fixed soon. At least you enjoyed the 4th!

Kristin.... said...

Boys are yucky. I've resigned myself to that fact. :)

Now that we're home from vacation I have 2 very long months trying to figure out how to manage. Maybe we'll figure it out together.

Ali said...

I am sure you will find what you are meant to be doing (whatever that may be) very soon.

Boys are just gross. Wait til he hits his teens and decides to stop bathing and brushing his teeth. OMFG, it's horrific.

drollgirl said...

bahahah! your son! ahahah! he doesn't hide it? he flaunts it??!?!?! ok, that is cracking me up. he is either really comfortable around you, or just really comfortable with his nose. :)

i wonder what your extra something is going to be. please oh PLEASE don't tell me you are going on missionary trips or something. oh god. nothing like that, ok?

Pandora said...

To put it quite bluntly,to get a kid to stop picking their nose,is like getting a man to stop adjusting his package.It.just.won't.happen.He'll eventually grow out of it,I'm sure.

I also feel sometimes like I should be doing something more with my life,but I don't know what that something is.And I always feel guilty that I'm kind of just waiting for it to happen to me instead of going out and looking for it.

Anonymous said...

Helping people is over rated, I have been doing it for five years and I'm over it (I'm kidding!) (sort of)

I go through phases of feeling like I'm supposed to be doing something "bigger" or "better" and I have yet to figure out what it is. If you find out, will you let me know?

tracy

Unknown said...

I'm in your boat. I think the key is to find something you really love and do it. You can help people through that. I just haven't found out what that is yet.

creative kerfuffle said...

suby--do you have a blog now??? if you do it won't let me click through to it.

creative kerfuffle said...

tracy--i don't think i mean helping people as a profession. i know i don't have what it takes to do that. maybe not helping people per se but just making a difference some how. if i figure it out i'll let you know : )