Monday, February 13, 2006

Wasting time

Found this little quiz, you know how I love quizzes, so I took it and am posting. Go on, take the quiz, it's fun!

Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4.
You won’t find his 19th century songs on the top of the charts today, but that doesn’t mean Stephen Foster’s tunes have lost their appeal to many nostalgic Americans. Some of the old favorites written by the songwriter include My Old Kentucky Home, Oh! Susanne and Jeannie with the Light Brown Hair. (The Book of Days—Jan. 13 is Stephen Foster Memorial Day)

Stretch your left arm out as far as you can and see what you touch.
At arms length I touch a crazy working woman ornament a friend gave me.

What is the last thing you watched on TV?
I watched the news before going to bed last night and was sad because we didn’t have the piles of snow they did in New England.

Without looking, guess what time it is.
2pm

Now look at the clock. What is the actual time?Dammit, it’s only 1:36pm

With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
The hum of the printer and other people typing on their keyboards.

When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
I stepped out about 20 minutes ago to have an after lunch smoke. It’s windy and cold. I had yummy leftover chilli for lunch.

Before you started this survey, what did you look at?
I was procrastinating after lunch, surfing around blogs and found this test.


What are you wearing?

Uh, a salmonish/pinkish sweater set with black and white pants. I am not a style guru.

Did you dream last night?
I’m sure I did, but I can’t remember what I dreamed. If you ask as soon as I wake up I might be able to tell you, but not at 1:30 in the afternoon.

When did you last laugh?
Hmm, probably yesterday with the hubby and kids. Don’t know that I’ve laughed out loud so far today.

What is on the walls of the room you are in?
Ah, my pod, it’s like a quilt of personality. I rip stuff out of magazines all the time so I have everything from pictures of ivy covered windows (because I don’t actually have my own window) and flowers to quotes, photos of Rod, artwork from my kids, pictures of my hubby, kids and friends and penguins.

Seen anything weird lately?
I had dinner at my parents house this weekend, wonder if that counts? ; )

What do you think of this quiz?
I love quizzes, I’m a closet quiz taker, as long as it’s not for a grade.

What is the last movie you saw?
Watched Sum of All Fears on TV last night since the Olympics were on and West Wing was not.

If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
A deep fryer for the hubby and the second season of West Wing for me. After that I’d pay off our house/debt; buy us each a new car, well, new to us; sock the college fund money away; make some wise investments; take some awesome vacations and give a buttload to my brother and my aunt.

Tell me something about you that I don’t know.
I spent all day yesterday in my pajamas.

If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
I would have a trap door set up in the 10-item-or-less grocery aisle that would instantly drop people who enter the line with more than 10 items down a long chute.

Do you like to dance?
Yes, actually I love to dance. I think it would be cool to take ballroom dancing lessons.

George Bush?
Well, I don’t think he’s the brightest president we’ve ever had, but I think he really wants to do what’s best, he’s sincere, though I don’t always agree with his decisions.

Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?
I like my daughter’s name, Heidi. I also liked Hannah.

Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him?
I like my son’s name, Benjamin. I also liked Jackson.

Would you ever consider living abroad?
Sure, though not permanently.

What do you want God to say to you when you reach the pearly gates?
C’mon in, there are lots of people waiting to see you. Don’t you see? You weren’t as bad as you thought you were!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I spent all day yesterday in my pajamas."

I had to scroll up to see what day you posted this...I'm reading it on a Thursday and thought maybe you we were over-exposing your attitude toward your job.