Wednesday, September 17, 2008

coming to a city near you, maybe

today my friend broad sent me a link to a news story about blogher coming to our area. fo-shizzle! apparently they're taking the thing on the road and touring six cities--scratch that, i read further and it said four cities had been cancelled (ours was one of them) but there will be a blogher in boston (i think) and dc.

broad and i talked about whether (if it were here) we'd attend and "out" ourselves if we did. i quickly said hells no. i would totally love to go to blogher, i'm sure i'd learn a lot and could actually put it to use for work. however, i could never, ever "out" myself. i'd feel so exposed. seriously folks, this is all for me. it's cheaper than therapy. it's an ego trip because i sometimes feel like i might be entertaining to a few people. and you know, it's fun and i love to write.

broad, however, could totally go to blogher and out herself cos she blogs about a specific topic (politics) and doesn't toss in a lot of homelife/personal stuff in there. i predict that in the next year or so broad could totally have a huge following (potentially make money on her blog) if she just had more traffic. and, whether you are politically minded or not (i am not) she's a good writer.

so, if you could, would you go to blogher? and, if you did, would you reveal yourself?

4 comments:

broad minded said...

aw shucks ck. i am touched.

Astarte said...

I don't know... I'm not too worried about outing myself, but I don't know if I would go to Blogher. It seems like there would be a lot of people there, and that's not really my thing. I hate being in crowded areas. But, maybe.

Kristin.... said...

If it's in Boston, I'm there. Hell, I'm going to NJ to meet 5 bloggers I don't know in 6 weeks, so BlogHer should be nothing. And I expect you there! :)

creative kerfuffle said...

broad--i'm serious. i like your words.
astarte--i don't like crowds either (another reason i don't like malls)
kristin--i might meet bloggers in a small group in person but not at a convention. plus, nc is quite a haul from boston : )