Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My favorite Train album

a few years ago i heard drops of jupiter over the speakers at pita delite during lunch and fell in love with train. since then i've seen them twice in concert and have, i think, all of their cds. while i love most everything that comes out of pat monohan's mouth, i think my favorite cd is my private nation.

1. Calling All Angels

2. All American Girl
3. When I Look To The Sky.... And when I feel like there is no one that will ever know me, there you are to show me

4. Save The Day ....Hey baby, I don't wanna be your Superman I just wanna be your man and I'll be super, baby You'll be standin' in the sun shine I'll be standin' right here in the rain You save me and I will save the day


5. My Private Nation

6. Get To Me ......Go on hitch a ride on the back of a butterfly There's no better way to fly To get to me I look around at what I got And without you, it ain't a lot But I got everything, with you, everything

7. Counting Airplanes ....I don't spend my time with anyone Who doesn't think I'm wonderful Or somewhat cash refundable at times

8. Following Rita

9. Your Every Color ...I can see the red, white and free in you You light the night up like the moon And underneath your clouds, I see the blue You're hopeless 'cause you tell the truth The stars are jealous of your shine If you were mine There's not a thing I wouldn't do ....You're coffee brown and bubble gum pink And oh I think the shade of you is on the brink Of changing all the ways I see the world I could drown inside a single drop Of all the kinds of things you got And all the kinds of things I'm not
10. Lincoln Avenue
11. I'm About To Come Alive....Maybe I'm not but you're all I got left to believe in Don't give up on me I'm about to come alive And I know that it's been hard And it's been a long time coming Don't give up on me I'm about to come alive
No one thought I was good enough for you Except for you Don't let them be right After all that we've been through 'Cause somewhere over that rainbow There's a place for me A place with you
In every frame upon our wall Lies a face that's seen it all Through ups and downs and then more downs We helped each other off of the ground No one knows what we've been through Making it ain't making it without you
as much as i love to write and love music i can never put into words how i feel about music. i just feel it. to me, good music, good lyrics are really poems set to notes. songwriters are poets. i love the turn of a good phrase, the thumping beat in the background. this album has a great mix of slow and faster songs and they're mixed just right. plus, pat's voice is in my range so we sound good when i sing along w/ him in the car! : 0

No comments: