see folks, this is why i think i'm fucked up. all that heightened emotion from yesterday's post has dissipated. not saying it couldn't rise to the surface at the drop of a hat, but for now i'm back on an even keel. so, because my brain is flitting around like a lightening bug wondering where the last days of summer went--a few random thoughts:
1. it is friday. fall is finally here. the weather could not be more gorgeous--sunny, little wind, fall smelling, 70ish i think, or not, i don't guess temps well, light sweater weather.
2. i had lunch today w/ my friend that i've been on the outs with most of the summer and all is well. i'm not going to try to analyze it any more, what's the point? life is short and screw the rest of it right?
3. we are red boxing iron man (at the boy's most vehement request) tonight and we are totally sleeping in tomorrow morning.
4. i got some black and orange jelly beans in a press kit. i ate them today--jelly bellys. i forgot how much i like jelly beans. but not generic jelly beans, just the fancy ones. i'm a jelly bean snob.
5. did you know there is this thing on the interwebs called half naked thursday? yes, every thursday people who participate in this (it's been going on for years) post a picture of themselves showing some skin. naturally there are all kinds of pictures from just artistic interesting ones to full out erotic. so, would you ever consider doing that? i've thought about it (no, not the erotic stuff) but like a hand or eyeball or something. artistic photography. hmm. google it. tell me your thoughts.
6. can you BELIEVE there are only 3 months left in 2008? wtf did the time go?
7. hold me now...ooooo...warm my heart....stay with me....you asked if i love you, what can i say? you know that i do and this is just one of those games that you play---bonus points if you know the artist/title. (i'm listening to pandora.com at work homies)
8. if you could only eat one fruit for the rest of your life---which one would you pick? i think i'd pick...hmmm...strawberries.
9. looking for something to celebrate? october is cookie month; eat country ham month and, my FAVE SARCASTIC month! REALLY? hells yeah!
by week: week 1 Get Organized Week (uh, fail)
week 2 Pet Peeve Week (i've TOTALLY got that covered)
by day: today Techies Day (awww) it also is Virus Appreciation Day (wtf?)
oct 6 Mad Hatter Day (i'm all over this day)
oct 7 Bald and Free Day (hmmm, take this as you will ; )
oct 12 Moment of Frustration Day (i bet i'll celebrate that)
oct 21 Babbling Day (i can also do this)
oct 28 Plush Animal Lover's Day (also, the boy's bday)
oct 31 Increase Your Psychic Powers Day
10. Sanity calms, but madness is more interesting. -- John Russell
Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't the fine line between sanity and madness gotten finer? -- George Price