i found this big ass list on someones blog this morning. i'm not going to answer all of the questions but will leave them here for you to ponder and pass along if you wish. some just aren't me and others i probably just can't remember back to the beginning of the year to include everything.
1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
played on inflatable bouncy stuff.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
see here, i've gone over this already.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
august was a big month cos my girl started her last year of elementary school and the hubs threw me a surprise birthday party.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
hmmmm, not sure i really achieved much other than keeping my head above water. oooh, surviving a freezing cold night camping in a tent? does that count?
9. What was your biggest failure?
not quitting smoking
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
the arm--i think it's ok now, but damn it hurt.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
hmmmm, windows/siding for the house and a pool
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
the hubs. i know i keep going on and on about this but the surprise bday party is like one of the top things he's ever done for me. and i had absolutely no clue at all. he totally rocks for that in so many many ways.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
hmmm, can't think of anyone.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
my sil and donut being pregnant : )
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
can't say. i heard sexyback for the first time this year but i doubt it will actually remind me of 2007. music doesn't sit with me like that anymore. i still need it and it touches me but it is not in the same way it did when i was in middle, high school and college.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer? i would have to say happier, thinner and richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
taken more days off work and taken more vacations, even if short ones
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
same thing every year, procrastinate.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
i've blogged about this ad nauseum already.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007? i fell deeper in love, if that's possible.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
little people, big world and john & kate plus 8
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
mmm, nope, i think i hate the same people this year that i did last year
24. What was the best book you read?
the one that sticks with me is kite runner
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
hands down---van Morrison
26. What did you want and get?
moondance, post secret book, windows/siding for the house
27. What did you want and not get?
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
i can't remember what we've seen this year--we are marshall? memoirs of a geisha? i liked both of those
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
39 and i've gone on and on about the awesome surprise party the hubs gave me : )
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
more time off
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
uh, i don't do fashion well. i did discover that red is not a horrible color for me, which i had always thought it was.
32. What kept you sane?
weed and the hubs
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
i guess this year it's van Morrison, not for looks or hotness but for talent/soul
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
i haven't really gone political on the blog and i probably won't, for several reasons. i'm politically ignorant for one and for two, i usually go with my gut feeling or emotions on these things and don't really look at any thing else.
35. Who did you miss?
36. Who was the best new person you met?
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
hmmmmm, this sounds like a cliche really and i didn't really learn it this year but i'm trying to wrap my brain around it right now---be true to yourself and who you are.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. oddly enough, me lover of lyrics, can't pick just one to sum it up.