i totally ripped this off someone else's blog (and deleted the questions i didn't like) and am doing a meme rather than totally rant and rave and whine and pout about the fact that vacation ends tomorrow and i have to go back to work. it stinks. blech. i don't wanna. so, if you're pouty and need a topic feel free to steal this meme. oh, and we went to see bedtime stories today. eh, it was ok. i like adam sandler a lot, and the two kids were cute as could be, but, it wasn't big daddy or 50 first dates. it was ok though.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
let the girl go on a 2 night, 3 day school field trip.with.out.me.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
my SIL and one of my friends. and while i love all of my nieces/nephews, puddin is the first one i've been as involved w/ from the beginning (though we don't see them nearly enough).
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
hmmm, the hubs' and i got laptops. awe.some.
14. Where did most of your money go?
daycare (well, technically it's after school care and summer camp), mortgage, groceries, gas
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
rod stewart. this summer i saw him in concert (my third time) but this was the best, by far. and i got about 10 feet from him and have awesome pictures of him and almost met him. i was also pretty excited about puddin being born.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier, things just seem to be getting better and better
b) thinner or fatter? about the same i think?
c) richer or poorer? richer in every sense of the word
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
taken real vacations. we went to the beach once this year and it was a lot of fun
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
yes, i found myself falling in love w/ the hubs all over again randomly; and also i fell in love w/ puddin.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
i suppose lost (since we finally got season four on dvd) but i also discovered and love house and food network's challenge
26. What did you want and get?
laptop and mp3 player
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
i had a surprise dinner and turned 41.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
more time off/vacations
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
i still don't have one
32. What kept you sane?
the hubs (it's an ongoing job for him) and blogging
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
i don't know that i learned it all this year or even that i've totally learned this lesson, but it's mostly that corny saying, don't sweat the small things. i don't think i've over reacted as much this year as i have in the past. and while there are things that bother me (like the boy's longish hair) it doesn't REALLY bother me. when the little things in life get fucked up i try (try being the operative word) to realize that in the big scheme of things they don't really matter. i'm not always successful w/ this, but i'm trying. also, i think i learned to cover my ass more at work and not be as naively trusting as i've been in the past. i've learned not to show all of my cards at once and that phrase keep your friends close buy your enemies closer? yeah, i try to use that too.