1. sooooo....guess who has poison ivy again? yep. that would be moi. though i cannot pinpoint the exact time and location that i contracted it it had to be saturday in the backyard. i did the weed eating this weekend while the hubs and bro were doing guy stuff. the hubs usually weed eats. i showered right afterwards. sunday i noticed a few itchy spots. yesterday, more. yeah, i have a dr's appt. for thursday unless she has a cancellation tomorrow. where do i have it? oh, there's some on my chin, arm, neck, stomach, breast, yeah, how the hell did it get all those places????
2. the girl has got this fucked up country song stuck in my head--our song? ....and when i get home, 'for i say aaaamen...something else. and she puts a twang in it no less. now, i'm partial to SOME country, seriously, i'm an equal opportunity listener. but she sings this all the time and now i can't get it out of my head! aiiiiiiigh.
3. teacher gifts. it is closing in on the end of the year and time to buy the dreaded teacher gifts. we did not do this when i was in school. wtf? ok. so any good suggestions? i'm looking at maybe $15 per teacher and i have three to buy for.
4. a miracle happened yesterday. we went to tarjay last night and spent a whopping $6! can you believe that?
5. this weekend i caught parts of trading places and fast times at ridgemont high on tv. uh, did i miss when i was younger or have i just forgotten that movies in the 80s were a bit more risque? half frontal female nudity seemed to be a requirement. and fuck apparently isn't such a bad word. ok, so i use it a lot here but i don't use it around my kids and i don't use it in every sentence in real life. did you realize that nicholas (coppala as he was known then) cage and eric stolzt were in fast times? i hadn't realized that. small, small parts, but still.
6. the girl has started "dating" the little boy she dated a year ago. from what i can piece together, this is what happened friday. they were at recess, running around chasing each other and fussing at each other and she said something like well, what would you think if we were boyfriend and girlfriend again? and he was like, well, i guess that would be fine. ah, young love.