Tuesday, May 12, 2009

random tuesday stuff

the other day we watched an episode of ace of cakes where they were making a cake for lost's 100th episode. omfg--if they would have had gregory house on the show it would have been like my triple tv orgasm fest.

************
mother's day was very good. the kids did not get me up at the ass crack of dawn, which they tried a couple of years ago and i was a complete bitch about. so, "they" made me breakfast (i'm sure the hubs had a hand in that) and gave me my gifts, which they picked out on their own (the hubs usually steers this process or at least vetoes certain things) and i got a starbucks gift card (hells yeah) and a dvd of the other boleyn girl. the boy made me my very own gme (greatest mom ever) wrestling belt and the three of them gave me sappy cards. my perfect day. : )

**************
saturday we went to my folks house to celebrate mother's day for my mom. oh i don't even know where to begin. i'm so over my family and their issues and history and manipulations. when my grandma died my dad and aunt came into some money. we've always known this was the plan, always knew they'd get money. i don't know exactly how much they got and i don't care, it's not like millions or anything. anyway, my parents have never, ever been good w/ money. have never planned for their futures (the plan was always to cash in on the will) and never had any financial acumen. so, regardless of exactly how much they got they'll waste it and run through it. saturday they had to make a big deal out of giving each of us kids a grand. mmm.....i know this sounds callous and ungrateful and bitchy but really? they said this was to make up for all the christmas's maw-maw didn't give us anything lately. that was shitty. but also, really? you think you can give us a grand and that makes up for the fact that you've been shitty parents? whatever. it doesn't change anything in my mind. i will not suddenly decide i want to be their best friends. we just stuck it in the kids college cd fund and were done w/ it.

*********
i'm thinking about this adult abc book--tentatively titled d is for douche canoe. since a few of you suggested it the alphabet and dirty words have been running through my brain, so if nothing else i'll just have to share it with you. but it's not done yet. be patient my pretties.

*********
did you know hugh laurie was in sense & sensibility? yeah, i know! he turns up every where.

10 comments:

Not Your Aunt B said...

Oh! Oh! Oh! Can't wait for the book! So excited! SQUEE!
And what a lovely mother's day! Minus the part about seeing your folks, but what are you gonna do? I think putting it in the kids' college fund was a great idea.

Astarte said...

That would be a hysterical book!

I used to watch Ace of Cakes, but now that it's on every week, it's not as exciting or new. When it was only a special thing I was always rivited!

Anonymous said...

I think our parents were seperated at birth. When my grandma died and my dad inherited a decent bit of money he LOANED my sister and 1500$ interest free. How sweet.

(of course you are not the blog I read that I don't like!)

tracy

cheatymoon said...

Our families seem eerily similar...

cheatymoon said...

Oh, and the book idea is fab!!!

drollgirl said...

oh brother. YOUR FAMILY. crimony. i'll leave it at that.

and your adult abc book might just be the ticket. i cannot wait. get it published. it would sell millions. be sure to do that copyright protection crap, that i know nothing about. but my sister does if you need help. :)

Fragrant Liar said...

Well, at least you do have a little extra to put in the college fund. Your kids win, right?

I want to hear more about this book.

Sherendipity said...

I'm pretty sure I have first entitlement to the "D is for Douchecanoe" autographed copy.

Hotch Potchery said...

I am really annoyed that my sister keeps commenting my comments.

Gal Friday said...

...tiptoes in at the end...to say: that Hugh Laurie was in Stuart Little, too, as the nice Dad character..which I always thought was strange..
...tiptoes out...