The recipient of this award is recognized for the following: (and really, i have no idea how my blog fits in to any of these categories!)
1) The Blogger manifests exemplary attitude, respecting the nuances that pervades amongst different cultures and beliefs.
2) The Blog contents inspire; strives to encourage, and offers solutions.
3) There is a clear purpose at the Blog; one that fosters a better understanding on Social, Political, Economic, the Arts, Culture, Sciences, and Beliefs.
4) The Blog is refreshing and creative.
5) The Blogger promotes friendship and positive thinking.
Here are the rules:
The Blogger who receives this award will need to perform the following steps:
1) Create a Post with a mention and link to the person who presented the Noblesse Oblige Award.---done
2) The Award Conditions must be displayed at the Post.---done
3) Write a short article about what the Blog has thus far achieved – preferably citing one or more older posts to support.
4) The Blogger must present the Noblesse Oblige Award in concurrence with the Award conditions.
5) Blogger must display the Award at any location at the Blog.
noblesse oblige means--the moral obligation of those of high birth, powerful social position, etc., to act with honor, kindliness, generosity, etc.
as for #3, i don't know what my blog has thus far achieved, other than being a place where i try to clear my head and connect w/ people i've come to consider friends.
as for who i'm passing this award along to....let me see.
drollgirl works for an art gallery in LA and i am always inspired and amazed by her picture-filled posts. some are about art, others are about pop culture...i always find something i like at her place. this post is about rock n' roll action figures and my only disappointment was that there wasn't a rod stewart one : ) this post is about the big book of legs, but there's also a link to the big book of penises and who doesn't want to see that???
gal friday lives in rhode island and shares the most beautiful pictures of her town. she's creative and artistic and seems like such a down to earth person, someone i'd love to be neighbors with. she takes walks w/ her dog jewel and shares her findings, like in this recent post or talks about libraries she's loved.
if it's politics (left that is) you're looking for, my friend broad is right up your alley. i especially liked this recent post on who's worth more and, even though i am not a political kind of person and don't agree w/ every single thing broad says, i love her writing, her snarkiness and the fact that she's one of my very best friends.
and finally, astarte at the muddled sage deserves this for the social, economic and beliefs part of this award because she truly is one of the most caring, kind, giving bloggers i know. she is a wonder woman who makes me tired just reading her posts. she can flat out save money at the grocery store, has an awesome book review blog and i just like her : )