Monday, March 2, 2009

excessive or obsessive, take your pick

i caved in to peer pressure and got on face libre today. half of me did it just because i'm nosey and wanted to know what it's all about the other half did it because i want to know what's what if they start requiring us to do it at work.

at first i thought it would be cool because maybe i'd find some long lost peeps from high school or college or other army brats i went to school w/ along the way, but then i got to thinking, how much do i really need to reconnect with them? i periodically hear from one of my best friends from high school and while there are one or two other people i wouldn't mind hearing from from those days, it's not like i really think i'm going to strike up a life long renewed friendship w/ any of the others. and that's not to say that i didn't like people, but i have a hard enough time keeping up w/ my life as it is.

i have many very good friends in my life and i often feel like i don't nurture those relationships enough as it is. face libre is just one more thing to take up my time. and twitter. really, how much social networking and online time is enough???? excessive or obsessive? right now i still prefer my blog. i'm not as worried about people discovering me randomly here and knowing who i am in person. i can say or do whatever i want/need to here.

*******
snow--it is so very pretty. we got the snow i wanted, the big storm of the year, even though it came in MARCH for god's sake. i discovered something today. as much as i thought i could do it--work from home with the kids here, there's no way in hell it would work. even though they are old enough not to need my constant attention to keep them out of harm's way, they still need my attention to keep them from killing each other. holy fuck--they just cancelled school again tomorrow. omg. i think the powers that be are proving that point, be careful what you wish for. excessive? yes.

******
the girl made a batch of rice crispy treats this morning. all but two are gone. excessive? i tried to justify their absence by the fact that it's just cereal (oh yeah, an marshmallows--which according to hotch and penny contain poop) but who am i fooling?

6 comments:

Not Your Aunt B said...

I think rice crispy treats count as breakfast. It is just cereal and marshmallows (=no fat), so they're healthy in my book. If she could only make donuts...

Hotch Potchery said...

I am not sure that REAL marshmallows contain poop...only the fat free, sugar free, calorie free stuff.

I am working on obsessive/excessive with my weight watcher stuff...

Another snow day? Have fun!

cheatymoon said...

Ack - try to enjoy snow day #2.

I don't mind FB for keeping in touch with people, but the time wasting possibilities are endless there.

Rice Krispies treats can't be bad. :-)

Anonymous said...

I am totally obsessive/excessive with A LOT of things I do!

I have a facebook, and it is cool for keeping up with friends who live far away, but yes you do get sucked back into college/high school stuff that is kind of weird!
tracy

drollgirl said...

i HATE facebook. everybody that i thought i had ditched is now trying to reconnect. those that i LIKE already know how to reach me, and these old has-beens are resurfacing and trying to leech again. hate it.

Gal Friday said...

I recently joined Facebook and reconnected with five friends I am glad I found, but for the most part, I stay away from there(plus it seriously slows down my home computer)
I can only be on line for a limited amount of time, and Facebook looks like it could seriously suck a lot of that time out of you. Like you, at first it was exciting finding a few friends from long ago, but now that I have their info(phone, e-mail) I really don't need Facebook, do I?
I tried to post a recipe for these incredible dark chocolate rice krispie treats a few weeks ago but somehow Blogger "ate it", but I may try again. Stay tuned...