Saturday, October 27, 2007

i scored, smoking and ee cummings

the redesign went through without a major hitch : ) i'm so relieved. i was up until like 3 a.m. the night before worrying about that (well, that and the fact that i really am petrified about turning into my mom, but that's another post). of course there are a few minor things that need tweaked, which i totally expected. one thing i found interesting and am thankful for is that the queen of evil is out of the office right now for an extended period of time and the big boss didn't mention her once. i was worried he wouldn't let us move forward without her blessing.

of course, this may come back to bite me on the ass later and result in comments and badness from her, but it really was not intentional. i didn't even realize she was out of the office.

afterwards, talking to big t, she reminded me that she told me i'd do well, just like she does anytime i have something big and stressful going on at work. she's always so supportive : )

i think one of my big hopes with this redesign is that i'll get more excited about my work.

other stuff:
today is my nephew's birthday and tomorrow is the boy's. i can't believe how fast they've grown.

we're trying to quit smoking. not cold turkey, but trying to quit. the hubs was given a mandate by his doctor to do so, i need to do it just because i need to do it. a few people at work also are trying to quit so looking at the bigger picture it is a good time to try to quit since everyone else is. however, it's really not that easy.

poem:
i think i've posted this poem before, back when i was digging around for something for donut's wedding. however, in the last week i've heard this poem twice and the other side of my brain can't help thinking it's for a reason, though i haven't discovered the reason yet. the poem is read in in her shoes (which gp had told me about) but it's also in candy, a strange but intriguing film (you know it's a film because it's different from a movie) i watched when i was up until 3 a.m. heath ledger read it to his girlfriend in bed after they made love.

i carry your heart with me

i carry your heart with me(i carry it inmy heart)
i am never without it
(anywhere i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done by only me is your doing,my darling)
i fear no fate
(for you are my fate,my sweet)
i want no world
(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant and whatever a sun will always sing is you
here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)
ee cummings

i'm not saying i LOOK for signs of stuff, but find it odd that i've heard this poem twice this week. i've also heard two songs from the sugar hill gang on the radio this week, an instant reminder of my cousin. you just don't hear the sugar hill gang on the radio much cos the songs are long and about 30 years old.

No comments: