Monday, October 15, 2007

the funk

in a bit of a funk today. why you may ask? let me count the ways:

1. i'm over my job, have been for awhile. i'm not very motivated (obviously) and it doesn't help that benefits are changing and we're in a financial slump. not that uplifting at all.

2. i am putting off going back to the eye doctor because i'm afraid he'll tell me the last resort is full time glasses. i saw a picture of myself in glasses recently, it's not a pretty sight. the contacts i have now are not cutting it at all, my eyes feel like the Sahara desert and by the end of the day i look stoned (and sadly am not).

3. i'm tired all the time and i'm afraid to find out if there's something really wrong with me. of course if there's not something wrong then i'm just lazy and that's not good either.

4. i'm not inspired creatively at this juncture.

so to make things right i need a new job, some vitamins or a drug, new eyes, some chocolate (cos that always makes things better) and a vacation. is that too much to ask?? oh and the hubs a new job too cos his sucks as bad as mine.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well if it makes you feel better, i have nothing going on with my eyes, am not overly tired but i am still in a funk.

i plead the fifth on #1 and #4.

Anonymous said...

I've been in a funk off and on for weeks now. Not sure if it's caffeine-related or what. I'm either hyper or asleep, not much in between. I thought I was having an anxiety attack last night because I'd had so much SunDrop, and my heart was racing.

I've resigned myself to having glasses. It's not too bad if you find good frames.

Work sucks no matter where you are. :)

Sleepy T

creative kerfuffle said...

what would i do without my kick ass friends? : ) thanks for commiserating with me guys, it helps to know i'm not the only funky one from time to time.

Anonymous said...

and you thought you were special ;)