Ok, I stole this from Yahoo. yes, it's the middle of the day and i'm blogging. i do not want to be at work. my friend guinnea pig got a new job and i'm incredibly jealous.
so this is what a yahoo writer says are the turn ons for men--here are the highlights but click the link if you want the full story. oh, i've added my thoughts naturally.
1. Standing Tall---ok, yes, good posture--i get that one and appreciate it in men as well.
Don't get me wrong: it's not that we want a woman who can balance a beer tray on her head. It's what good posture says about her.
2. True Grit----bite me. talk true grit to me after you've had a kid or two or suffered through periods for the majority of your life.
Men know that women cry. Men know that women can get hurt. Men want to be there to help whenever they do. But there's something insanely attractive about women who can bite their lips, buck up, and grit out some of life's twists, turns, sprains, and pains.
3. Baseball Caps---really? i look retarded in hats. is this really a turn on?
When we were growing up, we used them to show our team allegiances. In college, we used them to hide bed head. Past the age of 30, we mainly wear them to cover our bald spots. But no matter what team we root for, we like a baseball cap the most when it's worn by a woman. The look sends all kinds of messages about the kind of woman she is: sporty, strong, comfortable kicking back, Sox fan.
4. Software Savvy---again, really? how often do men ask you what type of software you use?
Maybe it's a giant sexual metaphor, but women like men who know hardware, and men like women who know software. Show a guy a woman who knows her way around systems, networks, and connections, and he'll be dazzled by her smarts - and appreciate her talents.
5. Sexy Shampoo---i get this, i like this as well. partially wet hair is sexy too.
Men typically are stereotyped as needing visual cues to feel attraction. While it's true that men need their share of eye candy, they also are mightily turned on by the olfactory sweets, as well. Perfume and body lotion are nice and all, but the smell of her freshly washed hair that's nestled up under the chin on a Sunday morning is a reminder of all that's good about relationships.
6. Understated Underwear---this surprises me, but i get it. i like boxers on guys better too.
Slinky and small lingerie works for anniversaries, birthday surprises, honeymoons, and other seduce-me moments. But the look that makes men feel both comfortable and excited is when she's wearing boxers (waistband rolled) and a thin-as-can-be T-shirt that's neither too tight nor too big. Call it supreme sexiness in the understated.
7. Dirt and Sweat---really? hmm. ok, yes i sort of get this one. if you've both been working in the yard sometimes down and dirty sex is good.
Of course, men like to see their women dolled up for a night out. But many men appreciate the exact opposite: The woman who hikes, bikes, mows the lawn, hacks trees and branches, and otherwise pulls her weight. Seeing the dirt, mud, sweat, and occasional road rash is something that stokes our primal side.
8. A Few "Duh" Moments--sorry, stupidity is never attractive on anyone.
But there's a small part of a man's brain that wants her to have an occasional dollop of ditziness. Why? Because if she can show that she may not know everything, it reinforces something deep inside a man that he's needed, that he's trusted, that he can be there to help.