Tuesday, March 7, 2006

This, that and the other

So I thought I'd do a little house cleaning and bring you up to speed on a few things going on in my life, this is of course assuming you care, if you know me, and if you don't, I'm not quite certain why you're even reading this. Sometimes I feel committed to writing here because I no longer keep a journal, and I really should. I digress.

First and foremost, it finally happened. After Doc died I predicted it would be within six months until we got another dog; I was right, it was about four months though. Keely (named after a character on Disney's Phil of the Future) joined our family almost two weeks ago. She's a five month old Australian Shepherd (do you cap breeds?), but I think she's older than that actually. She's quite sweet, smells much better after her bath and still is puppy-like. The other animals have accepted her, some more warmly than others.

My Dad went to the ER with chest pains last week. Thankfully it wasn't a heart attack, which they knew within the first 30 minutes or so, but they kept him for three days and ran buttloads of tests anyway. I, the wretched daughter, didn't go to the hospital. I justified not going because it was not life threatening once they decided nothing was wrong with his heart; there's nothing I can do sitting in a waiting room waiting for results; each day he was in they assumed he'd be coming home, they never really knew from one hour to the next. Ah screw it, I should have gone to the hospital huh?

I may be getting another job, within the same company. It will be a step up (more $), hopefully a little better travel schedule and a step up the career ladder. I have to stand on my head while singing the national athem and writing a news story to get it...translation I have to send a resume to corporate, which is in God knows what state, so they can send it to the guy across the hall so I can then be formally approached and interviewed by several people, two of whom I've already talked to so I can then take a writing test (did I mention I've been writing with this company for four years?) so I can then be offered a job. : ) During one of the interviews the person asked that question I didn't really think people asked in interviews--where do you see yourself in the future? Right now I can't remember what I pulled out of my ass, but it's not like I could say, Well, in the future I hope to be sitting at home writing my next novel and picking up my royalty checks at the post office. Why do they ask such questions? Who's going to be honest?

The Hubby and I are doing great. We're in spring house mode. So far we've had a storm/screen door installed and a new doorbell, painted the hallway, ordered a wedding plaque for the front of the house and are choosing an exterior color scheme to paint the house.

The Boy and Girl also are great. The changes in them still amaze me, they are growing up too fast. The Girl actually told me she wanted Abercrombie & Fitch clothes. She's nine, she has no idea what A&F clothes even look like. Perhaps I could buy her an outfit and tell her it's A&F? She'd never know.

The Hubby thinks I have an unnatural hate for The Evil Empire (aka Wal-Mart). Perhaps I do. They've just started "leaking" information to bloggers who've been caught being pro-Wal-Mart in an effort to polish their image. Ha, it won't work. They also are trying to go after a richer customer, ones who'll buy the flat screen TVs etc. Ha, that's not working either. They make their money on food sales and while the company still shows positive gains, they're sucking wind in the sale of food.

No comments: