Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Amazing Girl

Previously I blogged about how The Girl dropped the ball on singing in the school talent show. This Friday she more than made up for it by singing in the talent show at Brownies. I can’t even begin to tell you how proud and impressed I am with her performance. Since missing the school show, she practiced a lot. I now know several Radio Disney songs word for word and frankly am partial to the Naked Mole Rap.

The Girl was a hit. She had stage presence, she brought attitude, she gave a super performance. It’s not just me saying that either—lots of parents came up to her afterwards and told her what a great job she did. Granted, the other girls were not a lot of competition, but even so she totally kicked ass.

Here are the lyrics to the song Cinderella by Disney’s Cheetah Girls. (The Girl chose the song—something else that made me proud because it has a great message.) Enjoy!

When I was just a little girl,
My mama used to tuck me into bed,
And she'd read me a story.

It always was about a princess in distress
And how a guy would save her
And end up with the glory.

I'd lie in bed
And think about
The person that I wanted to be,

Then one day I realized
The fairy tale life wasn’t for me.

Chorus
I don’t wanna be like Cinderella,
Sitting in a dark, cold, dusty cellar,
Waiting for somebody to come and set me free (Come and set me free)
I don’t wanna be like someone waiting
For a handsome prince to come and save me
Oh no will survive
Unless somebody's on my side
Don't wanna be
No, no, no one else.
I’d rather rescue myself.

Someday I'm gonna find Someone
Who wants my soul, heart and mind
Who’s not afraid to show that he loves me
Somebody who will understand I’m happy just the way I am
Don’t need nobody taking care of me
I will be there for him just as strong as he will be there for me
when I give myself then it has got to be an equal thing

Chorus

I can slay (I can slay) my own dragons. (My own dragons)
I can dream my own dreams. (My own dreams)
My knight in shining armor (shining armor) is me.
So I'm gonna set me free.

Chorus

No comments: