i got tagged by penny for this fun meme : ) i love getting tagged.
here are the rules:
Step 1: respond and rework—answer the questions on your own blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, add one more question of your own.
Step 2: tag other people.
1) What are the 3 things you would save out of your burning house?
(i'm assuming the kids, hubs and animals are already out) i'd grab the tote bag full of photos i've yet to put in photo albums; the trunk in my closet full of mementos from elementary school thru college; and a renoir print the hubs gave me when we were dating in high school
2) What was the last thing you read/are currently reading?
the last thing i read was that blasted twilight series; i'm currently reading a collection of short stories by stephen king.
3) Do you nap a lot?
hmmm, depends on the meaning of the word a lot : ) i LOVE naps. srsly. i get a nap maybe once every other weekend or so. sometimes i drift off on the couch at night, i guess, technically that's a nap too huh?
4) Who was the last person you hugged?
the boy, the girl, the cats and the hubs (in that order)
5) What is your current obsession/addiction?
LOST. i heart lost. sayid and sawyer are my boyfriends. the hubs and i are watching it for the first time "in season," meaning as it's showing now and not on dvd. it perplexes me, frustrates me, intrigues me and i love it.
6) What is the last thing you said out loud?
are you SERIOUS? you want to get up at 5 am for a free breakfast at denny's?
7) What websites do you always visit when you go online?
icanhascheezburger.com; work stuff; post secret and all those lovely people in my sidebar
8) What was the last item you bought?
clothes for the boy and girl this weekend. they really need to stop growing dammit!
9) What is your most challenging word to say? rural
10) If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished, anywhere in the world, where would it be?
ohhh, tough question. there are sooo many places i'd love to visit or revisit, but having a fully furnished house implies that i would spend more than just a vacation week there....so i'd have to say a house at a beach along the north or south carolina coast
11) Favorite Vacation spot?
we haven't taken a lot of vacations to different places yet, so for now i'd have to say myrtle beach, south carolina
12) Say something to the person who tagged you.
i've only recently started reading your blog penny but i'm intrigued. i've never known anyone who lives in south africa and it makes me smile knowing that the blogging community has connected me w/ such far-flung, cool people : ) and--you have one of the cutest kittens!
13) Name one thing you just can't resist no matter how bad it is for you.
ugh--i do too many things that are bad for me. i guess smoking is the worst.
14) What is your favorite item of clothing?
comfy pajama bottoms--my current faves are flannel w/ dice on them on a red background. tres sexy. lol
15) Favorite pair of shoes you keep going back to over and over, even though your closet is over flowing with a zillion others?!
i'm so not a shoe girl. at all. i like slip on clog type shoes. not very high fashion, but totally comfy. and slippers. love slippers. and flip flops : )
16) Name one thing you can not live with out.
17) What do you envy?
people who are happy and satisfied w/ their jobs
18) If you could only have one 3 course meal for eternity,what would it be?
chips and cheese/salsa dip; a hibachi grilled scallop bento box from u.s. sushi and hot fudge molten chocolate cake
19) if you had some magical crystal ball that would tell you the exact date of your death, would you want to know it?
i don't think so. i think knowing the exact date would paralyze me w/ fear, sadness, dread. i'd like to think if i knew i'd make the most of it but i think i'd be more freaked out, especially if it was sooner rather than later.
now, tag, you're it: just b at mile 17; pseudo and diane