Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I am...

...like Pablo Picasso.
Today, October 25 is the birthday of the artist Pablo Picasso, born in Malaga, Spain (1881). He had trouble getting out of bed in the morning, and usually spent the afternoon conversing with friends. It was at night that he did most of his work, usually in the dark, except for two spotlights shining directly on his canvas. He didn't use a palette -- he just had the cans of paint sitting on the floor, and he would dip the brushes right in and then wipe the excess off on newspapers. He stood up while he painted, often for three or four hours at a time. Then once in a while, he'd take an hour off to go sit at the other end of the room in a wicker armchair and stare at his painting, analyzing his work.

...a smart ass. Am I really? For those that know me in real life, do you consider me a smart ass as in witty or a mean smart ass? If one analyzed such things I would say people who are smart asses or attempt humor are probably a tad bit insecure and they use the humor as a shield.

...an alcoholic neanderthal. I do not know about wines or fancy, sophisticated liquors. What I really hate are people who are alcohol snobs and who think they are sophisticated simply because they order high falutin wines or drinks. I'd like to stuff a joint in their mouths and say, shut the hell up.

...possibly bi-polar. I know, I know, I should wash my mouth out with soap and go stand in the corner or something because I've trashed my nut job sister over this for years. I am not all of a sudden now going to become my sister's best friend, but when I step out of myself sometimes I think I could be bi-polar. For no reason at all I can become jocular and happy go lucky and the next day one little thing (like receiving hate mail and getting questioned about my abilities) can sink me down low, I say way down low.

...verging on the cusp of needing West Wing therapy. I received an email from Amazon that I can pre-order the 7th and last season on DVD. I'm jonesin' for it. We're on our second viewing of the seasons now and I have to say I love it just as much the second time around, if not more. I don't think I've ever been so enamored with a TV show. Sure, I love ER and watched it regularly, but this, this is something totally different.

No comments: