Thursday, December 15, 2005

I'm a retard

Have you ever done something so incredibly stupid that you can't even explain it? At work we have a blasted password for just about everything we touch, and we're prompted to change them about every other month. Log into the computer, change your password and it can't be one of your last five. Log on to the employee site to fill out expense reports, another password. Check your voicemail on the phone, another password. So this morning I check my voicemail and then get to work, yes, I do that occassionally.

Then I had a telephone interview with this incredibly rude airhead I have to write a story about and during the interview I get two calls that go to voicemail. I get off the call and try to check my voicemail and for the life of me I can't remember my damn password!!!! The same damn password I used less than two hours ago!

I've tried every combination I can think of, I think it had my birthday in it. I've tried to work on something else and not think about it hoping I can just go back and do it automatically, but no, that's all I can think of the stupid numbers! So I had to break down and call our IT dept. which is located God knows where, so they can call our phone support which is probably located on another planet and now I have to wait for them to call and reprogram my phone.

Meanwhile my message light is sitting there blinking, probably laughing hysterically at me, much like the IT guy who took my call, and taunting me because I can't answer it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're not alone...yesterday I was looking at the clue to myself I wrote on the back of my credit card to help me remember my pin and I have NO idea what the clue means.

creative kerfuffle said...

I got my password changed, but dammit I STILL can't remember what the old one was, not that it matters now. It just freaks me out because one of my Grandmother's had diagnosed Altzheimer's and the other hasn't been diagnosed but I'll bet the farm she's got it. Now I'm totally not secure because I've written down all my passwords on a post it and have it beside my computer! LOL My luck, I'll forget which one goes with which!