Friday, November 4, 2005

Sexually speaking....music

Am I the only person who thinks music is sexy? I’m sitting here listening to Train’s, Drops of Jupiter, and it’s damn sexy. (I might need to step away for a moment! LOL ) Granted some music is sexier than other music, but the voices, tones, beats, and melodies; there is something purely sensual about music. Of course the most sensual song, at least in my book, is Marvin Gaye’s Sexual Healing.

I think if I had a past life I was either a musician or was involved with a musician. Strumming an acoustic guitar to me is much like stroking my skin. It baffles me the people who go through life without the influence of music. I have friends who don’t have a favorite song, singer/band or whatever and couldn’t even really tell you what kind of music they like. I don’t comprehend that. I would do better to understand a mathematician explaining the theory of relativity to me…in Russian.

I am very happy to say that my friend TL has broken down and not only bought an iPod to wear during his runs (don’t worry, you’ll read about him someday in one of those runner magazines or see him on the pages of the NYT when he wins the marathon or something spectacular like that) but he’s had his kick ass sister download music onto it! I was thrilled to learn that. Right now he’s digging on Frank Sinatra, and dammit why not. Frank rocks and he did it his way.

Life should come with a soundtrack—like on The Truman Show, though my soundtrack would be much much cooler.

My soundtrack would include:
Drops of Jupiter, Sexual Healing, Wonderful Tonight, Stairway to Heaven, Maggie May…ok, I have to stop now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i don't know if i told you this already... damien rice's album "o" (personal subtitle: music for white people to hump to) is one of the sexiest albums ever.

ever.

k