Wednesday, November 2, 2005

The Brat next door

Have I told you about the neighbor kid? I know this is not politically correct, but....I hate her.

Typically I like kids, and if I don't at first then I grow to like them over time. We've lived in this house about three or four years (short term memory is going) and I still do not like this kid.

When we first moved in she was about three and she was bigger than my then five year old. She remains an amazon. I do not dislike her for her size, it is her personality I loathe.

I like the fact that we live in an older neighborhood and my kids have neighbor kids to play with, though I don't like those neighbor kids. It seems whenever we are in our backyard it is fair game for this kid to come over and intrude. We can be having a party, a family get together or just a quaint family moment among the four of us and she's there, like a leech.

We have French doors that open onto our patio out back. I can't tell you the number of times I've walked through the den and found her face pressed against the glass doors. She pounds incesstantly on the doors and peers in. When we're having dinner she looks in through the kitchen window.

The Hubby's theory is her parents and two siblings don't like her either so they send her over here. She's knocked on the door at 10 a.m. every day of fall break. (See previous post on the fact I'm not a morning person.) Granted I'm out of bed at 10 a.m., but I am not fortified enough to greet the pounding on the door and peering through the glass. I want to smack her and send her home.

This pounding and peering is especially annoying if we have by chance left work early, left the kids at daycare and attempted to sneak in a little afternoon delight. If the kid sees any cars in our driveway she will pound and pound on that door until it is answered. I want to smack her and send her home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Based on what I have heard from your Hubby, you're being nice by only wanting to smack her. I've witnessed the leeching, though not the pounding on the door. Have you thought about an electric fence?

TS

Anonymous said...

all i am saying is no one, i repeat NO ONE, should be interrupting any episode of afternoon delight.

gg

creative kerfuffle said...

A privacy fence is certainly on the horizon, however they can be pricey. The Hubby's dream is to dig a moat around the yard, install a 10 ft high privacy fence, complete with barbed wire at the top and teach the dogs to attack.

Yes, disturbing afternoon delight should be a federal offense. : )