Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Random stuff

I'm sitting here like I don't have a damn thing to do but can't seem to concentrate. I was reading through my blog, damn, sometimes I'm pretty funny huh?, and realized that I started more than one entry with the whole it's been a long time since my last confession thing. Why did I think that was funny? I apologize.

I say that rocks a lot, I don't know why because I do not say this in real life, at least I'm not aware that I say that.

Here are some random things:

1. July 4th ended up being pretty cool. It stormed, which I love, and then we got closer than normal to the fireworks (I could feel them thundering in my chest), which I love, and the city put them off faster than normal because they were afraid it would start raining again. The downside is that the storm tore up our patio furniture.

2. We're seriously talking about quitting smoking.

3. We are now into the 6th season of West Wing.

4. I got to visit with my friend TL in Vegas and now I'm incredibly jealous that in the next year or two he will be participating in a marathon in ANTARCTICA! I can't begin to tell you how cool I think that is.

5. I'm highly influencable (is that a word?). Does this mean that I'm stupid and have no thoughts or original ideas? I do not know.

6. I am recovering from poison ivy. My doctor said poison ivy loves the green house effect because the oils in the ivy keep getting stronger and the plant is thriving. Oh, super great news for me, one who can catch it it seems by just saying it's freaking name. I still am not sure how I got this batch of it. I still have a scar on my arm from last year's infestation.

7. I now have seen Train twice, the same number of times I've seen Rod. What does this mean? I saw Pat, the lead singer, without a shirt (well, we all did because he took it off on stage). Not bad, not bad at all.

8. I do not have a current passport.

9. I have started drinking more water lately, probably because of the new fridge with the ice and water in the door.

10. I have made guacamole from scratch now and totally love it. However, since I'm the only one in my house that will eat green things it's hard to make guac for one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Random responses:

Yay! about being serious about quitting smoking and drinking more water (which I need to do, too).

I don't think you're highly influencable, but you do say/write "that rocks" a lot! :)

Nice to know of another byproduct of global warming. I'll bet the cockroaches get stronger, too.

I will eat some of the guac, if you don't want it to go to waste... :)

TS